From PCLinuxOShelp Knowledge Base
PCLinuxOS Knowledge Base
"The place where you learn about PCLinuxOS"
At present there are 102
articles here • Roadmap to this wiki
PCLinuxOS is about freedom, not just the free you get when you don't have to pay for something, but the kind of freedom to do what you will with it, and to use it in any manner or fashion that best fits your needs and intentions. PCLinuxOS is truly by the people, of the people, for the people.
The Philosophy of PCLinuxOS is :
• It is done when it is done • Use the best software available for the task, does not matter if it is Qt, GTK etc • Be focused on the desktop.
User Account Creation
Due to the amount of spam we have been getting, our policy for account creation has changed. From this point forward to setup an account on the PCLinuxOS Knowledge Base you will need to send a personal message to either YouCanToo or sling-shot through the PCLinuxOS forum. Your PM, MUST include your name, the username that you would like to use, and a valid email address. Once your username has been setup on the Knowledge Base, an email will be sent with your password to login. Once logged into the Knowledge Base you can change your password to something that suits you.
- Apr 10, 2013 - PCLinuxOS 64 KDE 2013.04 Final RELEASE :
• PCLinuxOS 64 bit KDE is now available for download here. Details and discussion at the forum.
- Apr 08, 2013 - UPDATED 32 bit ISO RELEASES :
• PCLinuxOS 32 KDE 2013.04 and KDE MiniMe 2013.04 updated .iso files are now available for download here. Changelog is at the forum.
• PCLinuxOS 32 FullMonty 2013.04 is available here. Details at the forum.
- WARNING - PCLinuxOS mirros have moved. Details over at the forum - http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,112036.0.html
Table of contents
PCLinuxOS (abbreviated pclos) is a Linux distribution written from bottom to top with you, the new Linux user, in mind.
Get, Test and Install PCLinuxOS
PCLinuxOS and Hardware
Update and Maintain PCLinuxOS
The HowTo section contains many pointed and in-detail articles addressing a single issue. For example :
Errors and solutions
The Errors and solutions section lists many common and uncommon errors you might come across in your day to day usage. It explains the cause where known and lists the possible solution(s).
This Advanced section lists pages that require slightly advanced knowledge of Linux beyond point and click ability. You may often be found deep in the command line while following pages listed here. Also not following instructions correctly might result in severe damage to your PCLinuxOS installation.
Editing the Wiki
You need to have an account with us and logged in before you can edit this wiki.
Checkout PCLinuxOS wiki syntax before editing this wiki.
Feel free to add to this wiki, however, keep the content appropriate and useful. This is not the place to report bugs or to request help.
You can try the wiki syntax in the Sandbox, the test page.
In case you still find it difficult to understand and follow the syntax, do not fear. We have a special Content dump page where you can just enter the content you know will be useful without worrying about formatting. Someone will come along and do the job for you later.